1. Does my child need to wear a helmet?
Yes. Helmets help to save lives. If your child is under the age of fourteen and operating a bicycle then law requires helmets. There is a $87.50 fine for any violation. 
2. Do I need to license my child's bike?
Yes. Goldendale municipal code requires that all bikes, skateboards, etc. be licensed. The cost is only 1.00. There is a $87.50 fine for violation.
3. How do I request a copy of a police report?
The records department in the police department releases police reports. You can request a report in person, over the phone, by mail or fax. In person is recommended. Please do not expect your request to be processed right away. It can sometimes take up to 5 business days to process a request. After the request is processed you will be notified. If the report cannot be released then you will be notified and advised of the reason why. The cost for copies of reports is .15 per page plus any other applicable fees such as postage, supplies, or photos.
4. How do I get my property returned to me?
The evidence department handles all the property. The evidence officer can be contacted Monday through Friday 10am to 4pm. Appointments are recommended. Property is typically not available until after the prosecutor has released the hold on the property, which is usually after the case has gone to court and has been adjudicated.
5. How much is it to license a dog?
It costs $50.00 if the dog is not spayed or neutered, $10.00 if it is. You must also provide proof of the rabies vaccine.